Sunday, September 2, 2018

One more of my own writings


     Trapped In My Perception

 As we struggle to perceive the ever changing environment that surrounds us, we are intermittently trapped in our own perceptions.

 When life is grand and times are great, most people tend to say, “I worked for this – I earned this – I deserve this, etc.”
 However, when the tables are turned these same individuals tend to say, “Help me Lord – Please Jesus – Allah, why have you forsaken me?

 From one moment to the next, nothing and everything has changed forever.

 What matters is our perception of the event and what’s of even more importance is our response and plan of action.

 Changing one’s perceptions on the surface is quite easy for some of us. I.e. I didn’t need her anyways – That job sucked and I’ll find a better one – Never liked that car from the get go, etc.

 But what thoughts creep in to your mind from time to time, thoughts of her, the car, the job?

 It seems that we have momentary success at adjusting our attitudes and viewing the event from a different perspective but, have we really changed at the core of our being?

 If we had truly succeeded in our efforts then why do we miss the car from time to time?
 It seems to me that we are still trapped by the perception of an earlier event. This is an event that we thought we had closure on but our feelings, attitudes, actions, etc suggest a different story.

 I had to take you around the loop in order to bring you to the dilemma which is my own perception.

 I perceive my “being” on earth is due to a need of me by God. My growth within him is in constant flux due to the thoughts of my own mind and those embedded by Satan.

 There is a continuous and ongoing battle between living in the spirit and or living in the flesh.

 Most of us know better but do we “do” better?

 I believe my life is any where away from America but my mom is here in Florida. My dilemma grows…

 My mom and I were never close in my former years but have become closer due to reasons that are personal.

 I packed up and moved to Puerto Rico but God brought me back. Now I wait once again to leave.

 My mother needs my help but if I extend my hand to do so, I get bit. My mom bites hard, you’ll have to take my word for that one.

 So here I stand trapped by my perceptions and the double whammy of my perception of my belief system. If that statement seems complicated, it is!

 The pivotal point is all controlled by me and how I choose to perceive these events. I’m exactly where I was when I described changing on the surface as opposed to changing my core.

Can I make me happy? Yes. Can I make this the most wonderful day of the year? Yes. Can I take all the negativity thrown at me and that dwells within me and change it to a positive? Yes.
 The question becomes, “will I and for how long”?

 Is the change of venue sustainable? How long can I take “this hill” and keep it before I backslide?

 I’m duped, stumped and for the moment, defeated.

 How do I escape my perception of all things when it’s all I perceive I have?

 Not only that but my escape must be through the Lord my God or it will never last for very long.
 My escape is within the spirit and not through the feeding of the flesh.

 Take a look at that folks. I have written the answer to my own equation yet I’m still not succeeding at my core.

 I have to admit that I drop my faith on such a frequent basis that some times I question myself as to if I’ve ever even had it.

 I’m confused and will most likely remain this way!

 With all the accolades and achievements in life I’m still dim-witted.

  I see God’s path yet I can’t make myself walk that path.

  How else can you describe such a person?

 I guess I can accept the fact that I’m “earthly” smart which doesn’t mean shit in the real realm and in the events and revelations that will occur in the very near future.

 When I lose my mom to the Lord Jesus Christ, what do you think I will perceive? Everything that really means anything will be gone as far as my “earthly” concerns.

 Where will that leave you?

 Do you have some advice for me? Better yet, do you have some advice for you?

                                         Niko

*God bless Terrance “Teddy O” Craig – you died too soon and I will miss you.*

Featured Posts

Beautiful American Bully Pups for Sale

 

Popular Posts