Thursday, September 13, 2018

One of the greatest mental tech lessons that I may not be able to teach

 I don't care what the scenario may be, a chat, a conversation, words of love, a news broadcast, a movie and even when you're alone and talking to yourself, "Listen to what's NOT said". You may find that there's more truth in the unspoken than what is actually said.


 Already explaining that no one can speak an absolute truth due to perception and experiences we can turn our attention to the "unspoken" truths.

 - You meet someone that's attracted to you and they begin by telling you about they're great career or job, their great kids and life, etc. Back to that old saying, "If it seems to good to be true, it probably is". The unspoken may take time yet it will emerge, quicken the process by listening to what's not being said.

 - Your child comes in a bit roughed up and he tells you alllllll about how the bully beat him up. I'd listen to the entire plea and end it with, "How did this start"? Back to listening to what he doesn't say.
 It's time to go meet this family and bully to get his rendition of the story, so on and so forth. You may find your child to be the greater in percentage of the truth and then again he may not. The truth may lay straight down the middle of the line? Do yourself a favor and search yourself for your own agenda typically being that your child can do no wrong.

- People run around saying, "I'll pray for you" but what didn't they say? Consciously or subconsciously do they derive some sort of satisfaction from tasking these things? Are their prayers altruistic or in some way appealing to themselves as having "done a good thing"? They may think that praying for you is their way of feeling better about all the bones that lay in their own attic. Once again I say, "Engage them and let them explain the reasons and motivation".

  I admit that I don't have a grasp on how to teach this and I don't even remember how and when I began doing this yet it has worked for me in so many ways that I'll never be able to convey it to you that does it justice.

*As far as James Allen, my current thoughts on this subject reminded me of sometimhg he might say.

Featured Posts

Beautiful American Bully Pups for Sale

 

Popular Posts