Saturday, September 15, 2018

Most people come home to a family

 And I guess I do to, I come home to 105 pound, 15 month old Akita named "Nietzsche"/my baby boy. He still hasn't raised his leg to pee so he doesn't realize he's a boy...yet!
 Akita's are not two owner dogs and many are put down. As puppies they're a big soft ball of fur and as they grow people tend to leave them in yards or homes "alone" which is thee worst thing that an owner could ever do.
As they grow alone they establish their dominance over a piece of dirt, furniture, space in a home, etc. At around 10 months they will challenge you for that space. At first it may seem playful yet the intent is not. Gooo right ahead and let the puppy have his/her way and within months they will "take" their way.
 These are professional or at least "well seasoned" dog owner's dogs! I'd gather you can you have a sense of how others are, yep, they go out and see something cute and the next thing you know it's 100 pounds and has taken over daring you to challenge it. Why? People don't read.
 Think about it, these dogs were bred to hunt panda bears and large game in northern Japan. Excuse my language but what do you think he gives a shit about confronting you?
 "Nietzsche" is only trained in the "basics", he doesn't need to do anything else but be a dog. When people ask does he sit, I say yes but I bet he'll make you sit first.

Ehh, take that as the briefest of intro's and read at least two books before you purchase one. (They're not cheap) If you decide to purchase one, place a collar and leash on the puppy and never take it off, ever. 

They don't like other male dogs or anything that challenges them and they tend to be runners. "Nietzsche" may come back if I call for him but I guarantee you, it will be when he damn well pleases.














Featured Posts

Beautiful American Bully Pups for Sale

 

Popular Posts