Thursday, September 13, 2018

Do you want a smarter child, here are some basic tips

 Everyone loves their little water headed bundle of joy yet may be contributing to his percentage of delinquency.


 From birth and throughout your child's life many attempt to block the child from doing things that they feel would be incorrect or hurt their children which can lead to adverse effects.

 My child has reached the age where he can reach the stove and it's still hot after cooking a meal. He's about to try and touch it, I'm going to let him. (Be reasonable about the amount of bodily damage that can occur) I'm going to let him because a small burn will teach him better than any statement I can make.
 - My child wishes to drink my black coffee, I'm going to let him, may never develop a taste for coffee after that.
 - My child doesn't want to eat his vegetables, cool, I'd remove the entire plate and tell him to go play. Guess what? Those vegetables will be on every plate coming and I'd repeat the same action until he was 18 and got the hell out of my house.
 - My child doesn't want to go to school today, ok Jr., you're going to help me cut grass, tune up the car, clean the house and every dirty and difficult task that needs to be completed. *I bet he'll want to go to school tomorrow.
 - My child doesn't want to make his bed, that's cool Jr., I'm just going to stand this mattress against the wall and you can sleep on the floor, G'night.

 My point is that when you take your child, wife, husband, friend and deliver the ends and not allow them to develop a means, you're robbing them of the option to learn. You're hobbling them and they will always need assistance throughout life. *You have to be responsible as to how far you'll let them go blindly down any given path yet delivering the goods with no effort on their part? You're creating the next delinquent.

*There's another aspect that you may not care for, "You're attempting to teach your child through your affirmation of positive experiences that may be the furthest thing on the planet from the "best" way. His or her little water headed ass might teach you something.

Featured Posts

Beautiful American Bully Pups for Sale

 

Popular Posts