Wednesday, September 19, 2018

For Cripes Sakes, It's Scam Season


*Allow me to suggest that you always go to reviews of a product or service.

Avant Personal Loans: 2018 Review


I'm going to skip past the BS and get right to the reviews > 

  • Avant is a scam. They wasted 10 days on my ap. 680 score, 20 tradelines, over 140,000 W2 income and they have 17% Waste of time.
      • Avatar
        Partially filled out the app last night. Got a rate and monthly payment for $20K over 3 years. The payment was too high for me. Their website would not allow me to change the time to longer than 3 years. Very frustrating.
        I called their Cust Serv people tonight. I got a foreign female (I am guessing Phillipino) who was polite but not very helpful. She refused to give me a loan amount and interest rate for $10K over their longest term (48 months she tells me). Isn't that what cust service is for?
        I cannot stand talking to foreigners for CS as their English is not great. Based on my poor experience and the reviews below, I will be staying away from this crap company.
          • Avatar
            I went online to check rates for a $7,000 loan to pay off 2 credit cards. I have very good credit. Damn the interest rate was higher than my credit card was charging. I did not complete the loan application process. Two weeks later I receive an email stating that my application has expired and I can reapply and in the same email it stated that my loan was denied. Be very careful they say that just to see what rate you will receive they do not check your credit, they do. Remember each time you have an inquiry into your credit history you are marked and that an lower your score.
              • Avatar
                Changed terms after origination of loan. Over 1 yr into the payback of
                the loan I requested payment assistance. They agreed and said the only 
                change would be in the time line for payback- it would be extended. That
                was the only change I was made aware of. Later I had cause to question
                this loan. Over the next 9 mns I made multiple call asking for loan 
                terms and information. They refused. The agents had no information to 
                give. When I asked for the current balance- I was always told it was " 
                around" a certain amount. I could call several times in the same day 
                and the balance amount would be different by many thousands of dollars. 
                There was nothing in writing. There were no firm figures. By chance I 
                discovered they had tacked on a fee- $15,327,34 to the new payment plan.
                I had not been told this. Of course I would not have accepted such a ridiculous fee. The original loan was $18,500. I also discovered that 
                Avant uses the term- interest rate- but it is applied as a fee. An 
                amount is determined by Avant when you make the loan and this amount is
                added to your loan. Not interest, a fee. The numbers to not add up, 
                nothing matches. Numbers seem to be randomly pulled out of the air. They
                would not give the correct balance that reflects this added fee. Only
                by hammering them with multiple call and multiple lines of questions 
                was I able to discover this scam. Do not, do not, do not fall into their
                trap. I have now hired an attorney to fight to get this mess cleared 
                off my credit files. It is a Big mess and my credit score has taken a 
                very large fall.
                  • Avatar
                    Be very cautious with this Avant. They offered me a refinance on a small loan at a rate of 10% less than my current rate. The loan was approved and I kept getting emails that additional information was needed. Called them and reached some rep in an overseas country who put me on hold and came back to the line stating the emails were a mistake and they have all the information needed. Well two days later I get an email advising of adverse actions and the refinance with an additional $1k was denied for low credit, bunch of crap. My credit score is nearly 200 points higher than when the original loan was approved. People save yourself some misery and move past this Avant.
                      • Avatar
                        I have great credit, great history with Webbank, It took me a while getting the documents. Nothing was good enough. After getting approved by soft pull for $10,000 (I opted for less) i got turned down. This company claims on their facebook site they do no credit check, That is a lie, A soft pull is still a credit check, and the hard pull danmned sure is. Liars.
                          • Avatar
                            Sigh... I completed the application process online & was approved for a loan; spoke to a rep asking for a fax of my documents got the ok to fax them the next day. Checked my email the following morning and was denied??? They do not respond to calls, requests for clarification or removal of your personal info from their site... use caution.
                              • Avatar
                                This company does not respond to any written communications. I like to keep all communications in writing so it's not a "he said, she said" type of thing but, instead, it's right there in black and white.
                                I was told upon signing up for this loan that so long as my payments were current, I could refinance at any time. I tried three times, but was denied, and this was before I became delinquent.
                                I became delinquent because I was unable to reach a person to take a payment over the phone, as they close early, and as I discussed with the last person I actually spoke with - I needed to make payments online. I was told that I would be able to make payments online, but their website would not allow me to do so, or I would not be in this position today.
                                I begged and pleaded with the CEO of the company. He did not respond, but merely passed my correspondence to the credit department. The credit department did not respond, they merely gave me an accounting of all of my payments.
                                I filed a formal complaint with the Better Business Buearu and all the company did was fight with me and tell me that I did not qualify for the refinance and they weren't willing to do anything at all to assist me.
                                They now are ruining my credit. After 18 months of non-payment, they refuse to close the account, but continue to report "x" number of 120 days late. I got this loan to improve my credit.
                                  • Avatar
                                    who all has actually given up their bank account id password and pin number?
                                    I find that its a little fishy to ask for that information from someone.
                                      • Avatar
                                        ???? I dont get the bad reviews .. Customer service was OUTSTANDING
                                          • Avatar
                                             
                                            I've paid all my payments on time as well, I'm not sure why I am not feeling the same ENTHUSIASM as you toward their customer service. Have you paid off a loan with them recently or are you just excited because they loaned you money where no one else would? When they loaned me money I thought they were a great establishment as well. I paid that entire loan off last week and they screwed me out of more money so that opinion is no longer valid.
                                            • Avatar
                                              Interest rate is too high. Yes, they loan to people with bad credit, but so what? People with bad credit shouldn't pay triple the rate. It is taking forever to pay off a loan. DO NOT USE unless you are totally desperate for money.
                                              • Avatar
                                                DO NOT USE! Terrible customer service. You can only reach compliance via email and they take forever to respond. I needed them to simply report the loan to the credit reporting agencies so I can finish getting a mortgage and they were not helpful in the least. They are the reason I have to move back my closing date. They give very vague answers and don't go out of their way to help at all. DO NOT USE!!!!
                                                  • Avatar
                                                    I have a credit score of 678 and still got denied smh.
                                                    • Avatar
                                                      Unless you are absolutely desperate with no other way to get money, DO NOT go through this company. I have been paying on a loan of $1,500 for a freakin YEAR and have only actually paid $89.60 toward the actual loan. The rest is interest and I give them 52.50 a month!! I won't finish paying these people off until the fall of 2020!!
                                                        • Avatar
                                                           
                                                          U should be giving them at least a $120
                                                            • Avatar
                                                               
                                                              Your mathematically incorrect.
                                                              • Avatar
                                                                 
                                                                DO NOT go to this company???? There is absolutely nothing wrong with Avant, they are easy to work with, quick to fund loans and easy application process where most jerk you around for days or weeks. . They deal with people who have bad credit which most banks will not even touch, therefore they charge for that, if you do not like the terms, you have no other options, credit is how you will pay them back and if you have bad credit, it means there is a reason. If you took a $1500 loan out for 5yrs which is over 30%, you have bad credit and should be lucky they funded you, don't complain. They disclosed the terms before you signed and took the loan, don't bad mouth a company for doing bad business because you do not like the terms you agreed to. They communicate very well. I have good credit and have a loan for 8.9% better then a bank can offer me.
                                                                  • Avatar
                                                                     
                                                                    well I have even better rates through a credit union!! with all the negative comments and only a few positive, i will not use this company either.
                                                                      • Avatar
                                                                         
                                                                        You write like a plant (aka a Avant employee). How would you know they are "quick to fund loans (plural)"? How do you know that "most (of their competitors) jerk you around for days or weeks"? Do you have many friends who have applied for these loans? Did you apply to many other finance companies?
                                                                        I call BS on this guy.
                                                                          • Avatar
                                                                             
                                                                            30% is highway robbery, bad credit or no credit. Don't know what you are accustomed to, but that's absurd. How is "bad credit" being defined here? Less than excellent? That's not a standard. That's a subjective opinion.
                                                                            They send out these wide-net advertisements to people with less than excellent credit hoping to reel in a few fish. They are in the financial "technology" industry. All these "soft" inquiries helps them build their data bases and then sell that information off to other companies. Their denials are making them money - at your expense.
                                                                            Do your due diligence, people.

                                                                      Featured Posts

                                                                      Beautiful American Bully Pups for Sale

                                                                       

                                                                      Popular Posts