Monday, July 17, 2017

Could some old tech be better than new tech?

*One of the nieghbors I haven't seen in a few years stopped by the other day and asked had I gone shopping. I said no, why? She said that the salad looks so fresh so I shared my secret.

 When I purchase my produce, inexpensive paper towels are thrown into the bag from day 1. When I'm here I see the commercials for all the 'veggie crispers and whatnot, this doesn't require all that.
Zip lock bags or plastic bags, who cares, paper towels, news paper (As long as it doesn't bleed ink) who cares.
 The only important thing is that whatever you use absorbs water. Moisture kills vegetables before age.


Peppers (Romain Lettuce and other veggies  packaged the same)


7 to 12 days in fridge? (I've been doing this so long I no longer count)

 And finally we have Teryaki chicken with a Nicaraguan based side (Forgot the name) and a plain jane salad.



Have a great night.

*I would share more of my own "strategies" yet I have a very bad habit of skipping chunks of information. I tend to think others can grasp what I'm speaking about without details.

Featured Posts

Beautiful American Bully Pups for Sale

 

Popular Posts