Monday, May 23, 2016

Looking for a great collaborative drone company? I endorse this site

*Mr. Perlman has created a site that my blog could never fully do justice. If you are into drones / RC, I advise you visit the site and become a member.

About UAV Coach

alan perlman uav coachWhen I was younger, my uncle bought my brother and I remote control helicopters for Christmas. No joke, it was literally one of the best gifts I have ever received. At that point, I had never flown any kind of UAV, and I’d be lying if I said my mind wasn’t blown. I brought the helicopter back to my apartment in Boston and flew it around indoors, learning how to land it on the ceiling fan and hover it as close to the ground as possible.
Fast-forward to fall 2014, where my wife and I bought a DJI Phantom quadcopter for our cousin. We all opened the box together, and it soon became clear that this wasn’t a turn-on-and-play kind of toy. We read through the instructions and learned about the software. We attached the propeller blades, charged and inserted the battery, and then calibrated the quadcopter.
After about 45 minutes, we went outside to practice.

And that’s when I almost killed someone.

I was too excited. I hadn’t taken the time to properly train. I throttled the quadcopter upward to about 20 feet, quickly lost control, and didn’t know how to bring it back down. The next few seconds were terrifying. I narrowly missed a few cars, a couple of people, the side of a building, and somehow miraculously piloted the quadcopter down, crashing it into the tire of a parked car. Fortunately, only the propellers were a little scratched up. We turned off the quadcopter and went back inside.
Later that night, I had trouble sleeping.
What a numbskull I had been!

Why I Started This Website

I started this website to help people avoid the mistakes I made during that first flight, to show people how amazing the UAV industry is, how to get involved, how to properly fly, and more.
I’m here to help push the drone community forward. To interview aerial videographers, professional drone pilots, and UAV manufacturers. To share stories and tips and tricks. To connect with others and to showcase the surge in technology and applications we’re seeing in the UAV industry each week.
I live in the U.S., where the FAA is playing catch up to properly regulate the UAV industry. My hunch is that when they do, the commercial UAV industry will explode, just like it’s doing in other parts of the world. I’m here to ride that wave and to connect with others who are looking to do the same.

How to Get Involved With UAV Coach

Below are a few ways to get involved with this website:
If you’ve made it this far, then I’m stoked you’re here.
Over the last few months, I’ve had a lot of fun meeting people in the UAV industry and exchanging ideas. Don’t be shy. Reach out to say hello!
alan signature


Jobs



Featured Posts

Beautiful American Bully Pups for Sale

 

Popular Posts