Monday, January 11, 2016

Beautiful and simple "ab" routines.


No matter where I travel or the gym I visit, I'm always asked about my ab workout.
Note: I am not a pro.
Over the years I have developed 2 basic ab workouts: The first is an adaptation from martial arts.
Begin by contracting the abdominal muscle by breathing regularly -15 seconds then 30 seconds, next 1 min to 5 minutes, etc.
At some point in time you will be able to keep the abdominal muscles contracted for hours and even entire days during your waking hours. (This is not an intense muscle contraction, it's slight and gradual to be sustained over long periods of time)

Number 2
"Skull crunchers / flat bench pull over's"
(Note the cushion placed at the base, broken fingers are a pain in the ass)
Start placing an empty curl bar or flat bar at the head of the bench. Lay flat with your head at that end of the bench.
Reach for the bar above and below your head by arching the back. You should feel your stomach muscles being stretched. Pull the bar over the head to the chest. Repeat this movement "strictly" for 8 to 12 reps. Always breath out when exerting / contracting the muscles.

Hook your feet.
If you're like me and don't care for assistance or to be touched during a workout, hooking the feet will become a must as the weight on the bar increases. You can use the bench, the wall or a weight stand.
This is a multi purpose beautiful exercise because it works several muscle groups: 1 - triceps, 2 - lats, 3 - abdominal muscles.
You'll have to learn to concentrate on your primary target muscles or muscle groups during the routine.
You can actually diversify and have each rep target a specific area.

Lastly
Diet
I personally don't eat any butter, fast foods, processed foods, the skin off chicken or any types of vegetable oils.
I treat myself to 2 fried meals per year strictly prepared in peanut oil.
*If you care to know the quality of any cooking oil, place it in the freezer before bedtime. Pull it from the freezer in the morning, every particle that appears white is saturated fat. Peanut oil will be clear the next day.

There are many exercises, crunches, leg lifts, hyper extensions and a host of other abdominal routines. In my opinion, sit ups are the worst for a few reasons.

Everyone's physiology is different, use what's best for you. These 2 simple routines work best for me.

I have one person currently that I'm assisting at reaching his goals between 5:45 and 6:45am.
Need a little help? Whatsapp 7718 8957







Featured Posts

Beautiful American Bully Pups for Sale

 

Popular Posts